Racism or Type?

If I am only attracted to Latin, Asian, Caucasian or Native American men, but not to Arabic, Indian, or African American men...does that make me racist? Or does that mean that I have a "type". Is it personal preference or Racism?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'll say it again - Personal preference. Just because you aren't attracted to some people doesn't mean you hate them or treat them as less than equal.
    Anonymous

• This question is asked way too often. Here, if you QUESTION whether or not you are racist... then you probably are.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I do not see why one would question this.Personal preference of course.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It's sad that we have become SOOOOO politically correct that we doubt our own CHOICES and PREFERENCES!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'd say that's a personal preference... Just because I may not be physically attracted to certain races, doesn't mean I hate them! I'm not attracted to short or bald guys either, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Are you kidding?
    Anonymous

• Well I guess that depends on the reasons why you aren't attracted to those other types you mentioned. If any of the reasons have to do with sterotypical things then you are probably being racist. If they don't...if you just simply are not attracted to them...they you are not being racist, they just don't happen to be your "type" or your personal preference.
    momoftwins240

Answer by momoftwins240 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It is normal to be attracted to people who look similar to you. It's just the way most people think. Not racist, just normal.
    Me.. I have never cared, but I also don't consider myself normal LOL
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 6:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It depends on your reason I guess. It's not wrong to have a preference, but it is wrong to say "I would never date a such and such" because they are whatever ethnicity. It's not racist to have a preference, like people who only date inside their own race. If you're attracted to only people of your race, so be it. But to say you'd never date outside your race because "my family would disown me" or because "I don't date blacks" etc is racist.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Why do people ask such stupid questions?
    Anonymous