How far along were you when you bought your first baby item?

Ladies, I know that superstition says to wait until you are 12 weeks to buy any baby items, but how far along were you when bought your first baby item? Did you actually wait 12 weeks???

chrissyclavin27

Asked by chrissyclavin27 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• mmm. its recomendable but did I? NO! i bought my favorite childrens book at five weeks. it was the first book i read in while he was still in the hospitol.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 4:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• LOL, I know it is recommended, but there are so many sales now and I just want to buy a few items! Gender neutral of course because I'm only 7 weeks!
    chrissyclavin27

Answer by chrissyclavin27 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My mom went & bought two outfits one blue one pink when i was 3weeks. Yeah tell me about it....lol I didn't buy anything until I was about 30 weeks.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• oh well into 2nd trimester for both of my pregnancies. not because of superstition though....
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I waited till after 12 weeks but I have had a mc so I had the reason to! but If it is what you want to do then buy it up! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 5:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I got gifts from both my sisters about a week after finding out I was pregnant. I was 3 weeks and only a week after that I recived gifts from my parents.
    johana21

Answer by johana21 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I waited until I was 20 weeks, and only then bc it was a killer sale on a travel system. The doctor was very concerned about me losing the baby up until then, also.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 7:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010