How many weeks were you when you purchased your first baby item?

Ladies, I know that superstition says to wait until you are 12 weeks to buy any baby items, but how far along were you when bought your first baby item? Did you actually wait 12 weeks???

chrissyclavin27

Asked by chrissyclavin27 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i waited until i found out the sex so around 20 weeks
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i didnt buy anything until i was about 13 weeks, but i found out at 8 weeks i was preggo and by the time i was 10 weeks i already had a stoller / carseat combo, diapers and diaper bag that were bought for me.
    Anonymous

• With my first I was probably past 16 weeks. That's when I went home to visit my mom and she took me baby shopping. I don't remember buying anything before that because we were saving money for the stroller/carseat.

I'm like 23 weeks with my 5th and haven't bought a thing and got rid of almost everything from my other kids. I just have a few clothes I saved (mostly girl stuff since I have 3 girls and just the 1 boy and he's 8 1/2).

As for the waiting until 12 weeks. That's what I was doing last year...and then I miscarried at 12 weeks. Just when I was about ready to start telling people. My kids never even knew I was pregnant and I haven't told anyone (IRL) about this pregnancy yet.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I was 8 months...well, that's when I quit work so that I could shop around and buy stuff. LOL I didn't find out I was pregnant until 5 months so.....yeah.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• We didn't get anything till I was 6 months along.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies for your responses! My Mom and sisters want to buy me some items, This is the first baby on my side of the family, second on my husbands, and I've been telling them to wait! Am I telling them the right thing??
    chrissyclavin27

Answer by chrissyclavin27 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• same day I found out I bought a teddy bear, As for clothes, since I was not wanting to know before, I bought unisex clothes.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 5:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I was about 3 mths pregnant when I was out buy things. Clothes, diapers, wipes, sheets, onesies, bottles and lots more and thank God I did. I used everything from my babyshower to me buying things.

Danielle
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/danishel
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 8:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010