Declining friendship invites...

If someone sends you an invite for friendship or to join their group and you decline...can they tell that you declined? I know that on myspace you can kind of tell because if you go to your sent friend requests and the person isn't listed any more, yet they aren't on your friends list...that means that they didn't accept.

I'm just wondering because I had a mom recently invite me for friendship and I just really don't think it's a good idea. I accept almost ALL friend invites, but I just don't feel comfortable with this one for personal reasons.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Well I do know this answer! YAY!! lol! if you send an invite to someone and they decline it doesn't send them a message or tell them that you declined but it will disappear off your list that you invited them. I have 1 mom that is SO annoying with group invites i never accept them but she knows when i dont join the group i guess lol!! my friend and i did this just like if you take a friend off your list it doesnt send them a message either it just limits them if you have private stuff on your profile. good luck to you all!
    Sarah
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 7:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Hey, good question. I have too wanted to know this...send me an invite and I will decline it and then message me to let me know what happened. Be sure to tell me that you are the one with the question..."This is just a test" ok now go...LOL for real
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• and after the 2 of you have done that post the results because I want to know too!!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Well, they could probably tell b/c your name wouldn't be under "pending invites" anymore. But don't worry about it. It's OK to say no sometimes. I have said NO to a few friend and/or group invites.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2008