UPDATE: Meeting adoptive parents question.

I after last nights question & answers on here i decided to ask a bit more of the perspective adoptive parents.Like why they could not come to me since this may impact there ability to raise a child for future circumstances.After it was explained,it was understandable.Out of repsect to them i feel not my place to say but does clairify lots.They told me i could pick the travel means,they would pay for it and also bring a friend as this is a meet & greet to see if we match in person as much as we have over the phone,mailings,pictures.Since we will be bonded forever and need to have complete faith in eachother to do best for this baby due end of July.Plus i can check out there home and things to they said to get a feel if my baby deserves this type of raising or something else,since it's my baby until i hand it over to a couple to raise,which must be respected without guilt or regrets later which is what this should not be about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Adoption

• huh?
    Anonymous

• OP HERE:To the person that posted huh.?.You would need to read the original post:Meeting adoptive parents question to follow this update.
    Anonymous

• You should do whatever feels comfortable for you! I think it would be beneficial for you to meet them "in their home environment". You'll get to see the town they live in, see for yourself where they live, their house, the schools, the community...
    Best of luck to you, and your potential IP's :-)
    4bridges

Answer by 4bridges at 5:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• TY, 4bridges
    Anonymous

• I do think you going to them is better than them coming to you, because you can check out the home and area where the baby will be.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• OP HERE: gdiamante i do feel this as well.They could present me with false images in photos we been sharing or not be as nice as they come across.so this is better to see first hand .although a homestudy is done this should be done by me too since my baby.
    Anonymous

• GOOD for you, and thank you for the update. I do like the idea of you seeing where they live better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I just got to your update and you did just what I asked on the last one. If you are happy with their reasons then it's no one else's business. I think you'll be happier in the long run because as it comes closer to the time to have the baby you're not going to feel up to doing a lot of travel and this way you'll have had time to look over your own observations and feelings before making that final decission.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2010