Do you really think that our kids are fat?

I don't have anything against Ms Obama but just to get the point across why don't we moms tell Ms Obama what is the weight and height or our kids. Would you please?

"The Associated Press printed a story today about First Lady Obama’s decision to take on child obesity." 2/10/10

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Childhood obesity may be a problem, but I certainly don't see it where I live. Of course, I live in a state where we are very fit. My kids are far from overweight. My oldest is 15 and at 5'6" she only weight 105 lbs. She eats like a horse, but she eats well (not all junk, etc). My other children are also kind of underweight, but not in an unhealthy way. I was always very thin too (until I had four kids, that is). I do agree that we need to educate parents and children on making better choices when we eat.

My biggest problem with it is this; I hope we don't go overboard and create a generation of young women (and men) with eating disorders.

Anonymous

• Oh, I saw her on the TV in the doc's office today talking about it. I thumbed my nose at her.
    MY kids are not fat. The school says my dd is chubby. Her pediatrician says she is not. My son is definitely not fat.
    DD 4 ft. 6 inches. 80 lbs. 10 years old.
    DS 39 inches, 36 pounds, 4 years, 10 months old.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Mine are not
    Anonymous

• i think we certainly have a problem with child obesity. my kids pretty sure are under weight-my daughter is 13 and stil no period becuase she is too skinny-she eats good though. I am not for anything Obama does.
    Anonymous

• My son is eight. 4'0 tall and 45 lbs. He's DEF not fat!
    Anonymous

• I don't think MY child is too fat, but I do agree that whenever I'm around a bunch of kids, an inordinate amount of them seem to be overweight... Then again, it's not just kids, it's adults too. Whether we like it or not, a very large percentage of people in this country (including myself) are overweight. And I do believe bad eating habits and lack of exercise play an important part in that development.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I think it is a serious issue. I am not saying all kids are over weight, but trying to get families and children to eat a more healthy diet seems like a worthy cause. The healthier you eat, the more active you are, etc. all help towards making a person more healthy overall....which would then mean less doctors visits, missed school, missed work, etc. I guess I think its common knowledge that obesity in America (not just with children) is a problem.....
    Anonymous

• Last time a check both of my kids meet the weigh and height of the growth chart.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 4:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• weight**
    Energ8zr

• Just because your children are not fat, does not mean that childhood obesity is not a crisis in this country. The facts are that children are moving less and eating more, that equals a lot of fat kids. Obese kids have all kinds of medical issues, and when they reach adulthood, it is even harder for them to lose weight.
    We should be applauding her efforts to raise awareness for this issue. I mean every parent's goal should be a healthy and happy kid.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2010