i am gettin married to someone from sierra leone and i am curious bout some things

i pregnant with twins my man is from sierra leone africa and i am white from usa i am curious to know wat kinda of stuff he we expect me to do when we r married and if he will treat me rite and i wana no how people from there treat their children and stuff like that he is very sweet and caring he hates it when i even cough and he really is protective and doesnt want me to even look at guys which i dont tho im just sayin lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah. One year is NOT very long. Not long enough for you to know the TRUE him. Do you live together? If so, for how long?
    Abusive and controlling men, do not start out that way...it takes time...sometimes they will appear to be the perfect man for a year, for two years...sometimes longer, and then they snap...and all hell breaks loose. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just trying to be logical because I've been there and done that...and so I see the warning signs a lot brighter and sooner then most people...and this guy puts up a big red flag in my head. Sorry...just the way I feel.
    Anonymous

• Don't you think these are things you should have found out before you got pregnant?
    Anonymous

• You should have learned about all that stuff BEFORE you got pregnant. Do some research...
    Anonymous

• Well this is something you need to sit down with him and talk to him about.
    Anonymous

• http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/info/AFR51/011/2006/en

That says that women are often abused, and abused further when they try to get help..
    Anonymous

• Haha...dang. You are way too late to be worrying about it now. Better ask him and do some research.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Oh lord... You didn't think you should have found out those things BEFORE you got pregnant with his babies?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• http://www.jwi.org/site/c.okLWJ3MPKtH/b.3891623/k.897D/Progress_Made_But_Domestic_Violence_Persists_in_Rural_Sierra_Leone.htm

Guys who are overprotective usually turn out to be obsessive as well...and think of you as their property.
    It will end up being a controlling relationship and probably abusive. Not saying this because of the information I have found...but because I was with a man like that for 2 years. He was portuguese, and he started off being protective of me...then it just got out of hand...and it got bad. If I hadn't left that relationship, I wouldn't be alive to tell you this. How long have you been with this man? And how well do you know him?
    Anonymous

• How long have you guys been together?
    Anonymous

• one year
    Anonymous