god daughter/niece

I am a god mother to my niece and she is only 3 months old sadly i live almost 20 hours from her so i dont see her much but i was touched when i went home for xmas and my sister and her husband asked me rather than my other 5 sisters to be a god mother for their daughter it means the world to me but i would like to by my god daughter something special something she will remember and treasure forever. Any ideas?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Go to "Things Remembered" and buy something personalized.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• A savings bond ;) she will appreciate it alot more as an adult than a knicknack.
    Maybe a nice wooden cross for the wall
    It is hard to buy soemthing for a child that an adult would enjoy too.
    Maybe write a memory book about stories of her parents..she would love that when she grew up!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• The store I'm talking about has silver jewelry and other items that can be engraved. Very beautiful keepsake things. Bracelets, jewelry boxes, cross necklaces...etc.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• when i looking for item for the godparnts of my goddaughter for a baptism gift i googled it. nice items from religous sites online but like one of the other posters said things remembered is nice. i hav a goddaughter and i was very young whn she was born so i had no money of my own so just bought little things. she loved to spend time with me. i know that isn;t possible with the distance but something that comes from the heart is the way to go. good luck .
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2010