If you saw a pregnant woman smoking, what would you do?

On one of my groups, one of our pregnant members talked about how angry and insulted she felt because a woman yelled at her for smoking while pregnant. I felt that woman had every right to do it, and that the smoking pregnant woman is selfish to risk her child's health. How do you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i wouldnt DO anything...she knows the risks. I would probably just give her a dirty look.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I would probably give her a dirty look is she looked my way, but I would THINK she was careless and selfish. I could not imagine intentionally harming my baby in such a way, just for my own personal satisfaction.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• That woman did NOT have ANY right to make her feel like that. I smoked through both of my pregnancies, and my children came out perfectly fine. Obviously you're not a smoker, so you have no idea how hard it is to quit smoking, no matter what your reason for doing so is. Smoking isn't as bad as you think it is during pregnancy. My mother smoked 2 packs a day, that's 40 cigarettes a DAY while she was pregnant with all of us...she had 4 kids, and we were all fine. You need to just keep your nose out of other people's lives, and worry about your own problems.
    Anonymous

• No, that other woman did not have "every right" to do that. It wasn't any of her business. Other people, their choices, bad habits, and their children are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
    Anonymous

• and it doesn't HARM the baby.
    God, you guys don't know ANYTHING
    Anonymous

• Same, i'd tell her how nasty I thought she was and that she didn't deserve the baby and that i hope she's happy when it is premature or has a bunch of problems
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• HAhahahahaha, my Mil said this....."my mom smoked though all 5 of her pregnancies and her kids were all fine..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! !!!!!!! All her kids are seriously disturbed and have mental issues!!! I literally laughed when she said this.

They are the most farthest from normal I have ever known!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Smoking during pregnancy does NOT cause metal issues. You are so ignorant, you know this? No one in my family has mental issues, and we were in the womb while our mother smoked
    Anonymous

• it was VERY easy for me to lay down a pack of cigs when i found out i was pregnant...VERY EASY!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Anon at 5:02 You really need to read a book or something.
    Anonymous