Tea Party Protesters Heckle Man With Parkinsons

At an anti health reform rally in Columbus yesterday, Tea Partiers demonstrated why they should be taken seriously as a populist movement by heckling a man who carried a sign claiming he suffers from Parkinsons.

A video shows the man sitting down in front of a group of protesters. “If you’re looking for a handout, you’re in the wrong part of town! Nothing for free here, you have to work for everything you get!” says one guy.

Link in reply below, which includes video.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 5:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• FULL STORY HERE

I cannot say anything appropriate at this moment. I am to angry right now.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Meant to type TOO*
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Wow... disgusting. How people like that can sleep at night is beyond me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• And they expect to be taken seriously when they pull stunts like that? That's just horrible.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Here's the complete story on the Columbus Dispatch website: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/multimedia/video/video.html?video=949486

Answer by gdiamante at 5:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I notice that comes from the progressives of Ohio. It also says (It may not be fair to judge everyone at the demonstration based on a handful of crazes)

I agree with their statement, the guy was an ass..

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My BIL has parkinson's. He would never tell someone he has the disease. He would never try to get sympathy as a way to get people to treat him differently. I don't like it when people want to be their affliction. My BIL is who he is and just happens to have parkinson's. People don't want to be treated differently or singled out because of their difficulties and then are mad if you treat them like everyone else and ignore the difficulties. It is a set-up in the worse kind of way. Anyway, carrying a sign stating you have parkinson's doesn't make it so.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Sounds like there were a few fringe at a political rally. Go figure. Sounds pretty typical. The heckler(s) were jerks, but they don't represent the majority.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'm going to wait a few days beforepassing judgment on the TEA Partiers. Do we know for a FACT that this man has Parkinson's? Was he seen by those yelling at him "skipping" around before the news cameras trained themselves on him?! Do we know if he is an SEIU or Progressive "plant?" Do we know what happened BEFORE he positioned himself in front of the TEA Partiers?! I watched the link that gdiamante posted, and it looks as if tempers were high on BOTH sides!

I seriously wouldn't be surprised to find out this guy was an "astroturfer!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Wow 2 people represent thousands now??? Then I guess all the liberals are quack pots because of these people..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPW9YU9z5gg&feature=player_embedded

Yeah youtube it is actually the daily californians you tube channel.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2010