Can I see your C-section scar?

I'm due with my second child at the end of April and she is still breech. My doctor says if she doesn't turn by next week, I have to schedule a C-section. I'm terrified to have a C-section. I'm afraid of what the scar will look like. I've never seen one.

milosmommie

Asked by milosmommie at 5:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've never taken a picture of mine so I don't have one to show ya. But it isn't bad. Undies usually cover the scar. It's a thin line and not very long. The color of the scar will fade. it will be okay. Hope all goes well for you and your little one!
    bustii

Answer by bustii at 5:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It's really not that bad... No, I'm not showing you a picture, because I don't have one, and even if I did, I wouldn't put my flabby belly on display like that, heh. But they make the incision below the bikini line, so it's only visible if you're naked. And even then, it's not bad. Mine's probably about 6-7" long, and after 18 months, fading rapidly.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• you can't even see my scar. its been 5 yrs but all i have is a little dimple. They did a good job with mine. My sisters looks really bad..well her first baby her scar looked bad and then she used my doc with her second and he fixed hers...i havent asked her to see it again.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I would show you mine.. but it is kind of under my fat so its the stomach that i don't want to show ..

okay so i had to have an emergency c section.. broke my heart too but sometimes it happens.... for me it was the perfect thing.. i mean i wouldn't want to do it again if i didn't have to but i healed so quickly and in my opinion it hurt a lot less then labor would have...

its not that bad.. its hard to shave on it because its still sensitive... but i think its nice to sort of have a badge of your labor.. like you can't show people how you tore your vagina but if you have a c section you can say this is what happen and show that to them...

i hope you don't have one but if you do then don't be scared.. the pain killers are amazing and you'll still end up with a beautiful baby
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Your little one can turn at the last minute. There is still time. I did have a c-section with any of mine.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• The scar is the least of my worries after having a c-section!!! Most scars are very minimal and cannot be detected unless completely naked. (Panties, even very small ones, usually cover all or most of the scar) I have seen scars that are hardly detectable at all.....don't worry, dear - it's SO NOT a big deal!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I dont have a pic either, but yea u can only see if if u dont have underwear on, plus mine is only about 4 inches long. its pretty small and hard to imagine they took my baby out through there.

c-sections are not scary, they will give u the epidural, you will lay down, feel cold and prolly have the shakes, they will tell u take a deep breath and u will feel a pulling through your chest and then they take the baby out. u will be so distracted by your baby, they will glue u back up then u will feel sleepy and knock out while your in the recovery room.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• There are natural ways a good doctor can turn a breech baby. A breech alone isn't a valid reason for a c-section. If you don't want one stand up to your doctor and tell them. Do your research on c-sections. The last of your problems would be a scar.

My scar is right above my crotch because my son was that low in the birth canal when I had a c-section.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• They aren't scary huh? I felt my c-section. That's right. The epidural didn't work.
    SaraP1989

• Aww congrats I too am due in April but mid. with my second. Im sorry your baby isnt positioned right thats got to be very frusterating for you however I just went to labor and deliver for some bad headaches Iv been having and the nurse was telling me that there was a another girl in there the other day that had a breached baby for quit some time but at the very last minute befor delivery she turned. I say you just have a stubborn baby lol and lets hope that she will turn in time for delivery cause I would hate to have a c sec. so I can only imagine how your feeling.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2010