What kind of stroller do you/ have you use(d) w/ a baby and a 2 y/o, and how do/did you like it?

My 1st and 2nd kids were 6 yrs apart. 2nd and 3rd were 4 yrs apart. So I never had to worry about the stroller juggle because obviously I never had 2 in a stroller at the same time. Now my 3rd son will be 2 in June, and my new baby daughter will be born in July. I've seen the strollers that allow the older child to stand on a platform behind the stroller and then they have a little seat too. Has anyone used this type and how did it work out? Did the older child stay put and love it, or totally hate it and not want to be in it? I just have never spent that much on a stroller (over $100) so I don't wanna spend it, if it doesn't seem to work that well. Help

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 5:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a Graco combo stroller and I HATE botht the infant carseat and the stroller!! I paid over $250 for it and it seems like cheap crap!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I used double strollers that were the one seat behind the other. I unfortunately have such old babies they didn't have the baby seat hooks on mine so I can't comment on that part reliably. But I would put the baby in the rear seat laying down and the current child loved the front as they knew I needed them to hold still. I did try the side by side double and hated it as it is so hard to careen down a Kmart aisle and not nail something. Hope this helps..
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Pregnant with #2, and in the same position as you (trying to choose a toddler and baby appropriate stroller). So far I've achieved a little narrowing down to type.

I've done a little research on consumer reports (which honestly isn't very thorough), but they did convince me to not get a side by side stroller. It talked about that being a bad idea when one kid weighs much more than the other because they were often wanting to pull to the side of the heavier kid and generally hard to steer.

Another hint they said was important to consider is the size of your trunk if your going to be putting it in your car, some double strollers are just too big to even fit in some trunks.

So for me, I'm only going to choose between something front-back, and relatively compact when it folds. The sit and stand models your talking about are actually pretty high on my list of ones I'm considering.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I've seen other people using them and the kids seem to enjoy the little seat in the back. I had a baby and a 15 month old (that was before those sit and stand models became popular) and had a double stroller that I used with my first 4 kids.
    I'm due in July, too, and it's weird only having one baby to deal with...only needing one normal stroller. Last time that happened was 10 years ago when my oldest was born (I was also due in July with her).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2010