Eggs for Easter

How long should you have eggs before you die them? And how long should you die them before Easter? Aren't hard boiled eggs good for a while??

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 5:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We boil ours and die them the night before Easter, the "Easter bunny" then hides them during the night, we wake up and find them and they go back in the fridge. We make sure to eat them all within about 5 days.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I dont think they last that long? In my experience, I only kept hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Especially once they are died. I usually boil mine AND we dye them the day before Easter. We have a big Easter craft day and then end it with and egg dye party.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• We always boiled them either the day before easter or Easter day. We dye them right after we boil them. I have a boiled egg indicator...it goes in with them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I boil mine the morning we're going to decorate them. my girls get to sit down with daddy and dye them the day before easter.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• we do our the day before easter and die them easter morning since our hunt is at night.. we found that dying the night before the die went through the shell and the kids were scared to eat the egg with the dye
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• We always boiled them like the day or two before easter and then dyed them. Or painted them or whatever. No hardboiled eggs do not keep longer. I wouldn't get them ready for dyeing any sooner than a day or two before...just to be safe. Food poisoning is no joke.
    BTW I always hated dyed easter eggs...they look so pretty...like they should be filled with chocolate or something else yummy. And they're just a regular old egg, lol. Talk about a major let-down when you're seven, LOL!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 5:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2010