Is it possible for me to get numbers and pictures out of a broken phone?

My phone fell out of my purse a few nights ago and I didn't realize it. It spent the night in the snow and rain so needless to say it doesn't really work. Surprisingly - it turns on - but it's just a black screen. I got someone's old phone today so I want to switch it over tonight. I know that Verizon can switch numbers from one phone to the next, but can they do that after I switch phones ? Or do they have to switch phone numbers and contacts at the same time? Also I have so many pictures of my daughter in it that I would love to be able to get out... Is there anyway to do that ? And if there is, would I have to do that before switching phones also ? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• is there a sim card?
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• call verizon and ask
    Anonymous

• They should be able to if they have that machine at the store. It can transfer numbers, ringtones, pictures, pretty much whatever you stored in your phone. Not text messages tho...at least not the last time I checked. There might be a small charge for this, but it's worth it to get all your stuff back. Go to the store and ask them about it. Good luck and I hope you get your stuff transferred.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 5:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Verizon, and Sprint for that matter, do not have sim cards. AT&T and T-Mobile have those. It would be more convenient if ALL phones had sim cards or something similar, that way when you get a new phone, you just pop the sim card in the new one and be on your way. Games, ringtones, numbers, pics, and whatever else you stored on that card will come with you. Anyway, just so you know. Hope this helps.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 5:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010