I wonder why...

I get a bunch of views on my posts and pics and stuff, but hardly any comments! I'll see like 24 views, and zero comments. I don't understand this. And I see it on a lot of other people's posts and stuff, too. It doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, if you read it, obviously you thought something, so why not leave a comment? As long as it's not something snotty, rude, or otherwise offensive, lol. Does anyone else have this going on quite a bit, too? I wish there was a way to see who does this, and ask them what's up with it, lol!

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 5:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I read a lot of posts but don't necessarily have any input. Perhaps I don't have any advice or experience on your topic? That's why people don't post. Give it time and somebody will reply to you.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yes, I agree with Orionsgirl. Sometimes I just don't have any advice to give, so I don't comment. If I feel I have something to contribute, I'll comment. This is just as far as the journals/questions go, I don't really look at pictures.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Do you keep refreshing your post to check for answers? Every time you view it yourself, it counts as a view. But sometimes people look and see it's too long to bother with, or they don't have anything to add or any advice to give. Sometimes people open it and think that they can get answers from it themselves and they never had any intention of replying in the first place.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 6:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• where does it say how many times it's been viewed? did i miss something?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I just looked because I'm bored. I have nothing to offer to the conversation. The question was pointless in my life, so WHY waste time answering?? but alas, I just did! And now you know!
    squeegeatc

Answer by squeegeatc at 7:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• matobe...it says views right beneath the title, on your profile page, in the box where all your journals are stored. You might be surprised how many views you get, but no comments...

And as for giving it some time, I have been on this site for more than three years...and it happens all the time. I don't really care, it doesn't really bother me, it was just something I was wondering about. Is it the same people over and over, or different people? I was just wondering why people do this.

That's all.

chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 1:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010