Did I test too soon?

My period was due the 15th, I took a test the 16th and it came out negative. Now it's the 17 and no signs of a period at all. Was I suppose to wait until I missed my period all together? Also, I didn't test in the morning like recommended. I'm not asking if I'm pregnant, just wondering if that was too soon. Also, it was one of those cheap tests. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• GENERALLY, the cheaper the test, the more hormone is needed in your system to show a positive on the test. BUT I'm thinking that by the time you missed your period (15th) it should have shown up on any home pregnancy test. You may try taking another one today or tomorrow-- your levels double every 48-72 hours and SURELY by now you'd show positive on even a dollar store test.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 5:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Thanks. I didn't know that.
    Anonymous

• I would go get checked by your doctor an exam and blood work may help resolve any question of this.I took good pregnancy tests digital and and waited a whole additional month and still no period yet all tests came out not pregnant so went to doctor and guess what baby was there just something in the urine tests would not work...
    Anonymous

• With my daughter i didn't get a positive test for awhile after i missed my period.. and when my mom was preg w/ me she said she didn't get one either. I'm in the same situation again.. i took a test earlier and one of the lights is a light light light pinkish grey.... So i went and bought two more.. GL to yoU!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2010