how long after having ur baby did u get ur period??

i had my first son 6 weeks ago today. i blead for about 2-3weeks and then it turned yellowish, which i know is normal. and its been getting lighter and lighter. there was almost nothing yesterday. but today when i went to the bathroom there was blood, about the size of a quarter. and i was having really bad cramps yesterday. [i never got cramps when i had my period before] could this been my period? or is it still postpartum bleeding? and is it normal for cramps to get worse after having a baby??

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

• I got my period 7 weeks after having my son. When I went for my 6 week check up I was feeling crampy and thought I was going to start that week, but it didn't hit until the next.
    Anonymous

• I had postpartum bleeding for about 2 weeks with cramps. Then I didn't have my period again for 8-9 months. I was breastfeeding.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 6:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• From everything I read, cramps should get better post baby not worse. Have you had your post-partum exam yet? You might want to ask about that. Mine start after about 10 weeks, after I stopped breastfeeding full time and went back to work. I had no warning whatsoever.

Your first post-partum period can be lighter or heavier than a normal one, so it might be perfectly normal, but you'll still want to ask to be sure.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i got my period back at 6 weeks with my second two kids (i didn't bleed at all pp with #1 so that's not normal at all lol). it could be your period, but remember it won't be regular for awhile....
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• yea i had my 4week check up 2 weeks ago, i wasnt healed conpletely on the inside yet, and my stitches had not disolved. and i just stopped breastfeeding.
    momma_2b_2010

Answer by momma_2b_2010 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010