opening a door

when did your child learn to open a door?? like a regular round doorknob, not just the pull straight down kind.....kinda curious

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds like you have a little Houdini too!!! My dd is so unpredictable and into everything that I seriously had to child proof. We have a pool in the back yard so I had my dh to put locked super high on the door, she cant even reach them with a chair! I also put all my cleaning things up in the top of a closet with a lock on the door!

You may want to think about some of those type of things, it seems like some kids are just more rambunctious and into more than other docile kids. lol Lucky us...hahahaha. But in the future that character trait might be just what they need! ;) Good luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I dont remember. 2/3 they got really good at it?
    Anonymous

• Oh my....my little Houdini learned around 18 months....I cant keep her out of anything.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Less than 2 years.
    Anonymous

• My oldest daughter was 3.
    My son was 22 months which was several months before his older sister figured it out. He used to push her into her room and then shut the door and laugh because she couldn't get out.
    My middle daughter...not sure. When she was 2-4 years old we lived in an apartment with almost no doors. There was one to our room that didn't need to be turned because the doorknob didn't work right, one on my son's room that never closed all the way and the bathroom door that the kids never closed when they were in there. She must have been around 2 1/2-3.
    My youngest was about 2, I think when she figured it out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• when my son got taller now he likes to turn off and on the lights
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• mom2twobabes--my son is just about 16months and he learned this today!!! needless to say his rebellion at naptime has become stronger!! lol i was just really curious if that was supposed to happen or not! lol well either way, he's doing it and thinks its hilarious!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• ya sounds just like him!!! even the plug outlet covers, he just takes them out!! so i gotta watch him like a hawk! we dont have a pool, but like right next to a creek! cant really gate that in lol.....but i dont let him outta my sight outside!!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2010