Getting fed up.... tell me ladies with sons.... how often do you have to

plunge the toilet. My son is going through puberty and is eating more than ever and seems to be constantly stopping up our toilet. How big can his poos be??!!!

agh........... really I think Im simply going to make him do it from now on!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Well i have a 5 yr old and he even does big ones and he uses excessive amounts of tp...i tell him to wipe twice then flush..if he needs to wipe more to wait for the toilet to stop running then wipe two more times and flush again, and repeat if needed because i do not like toilets running over!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I think it's more a TP issue than a "poo size" issue... I know my brother would CONSTANTLY clog up the toilet, but he'd grab a roll of toilet paper and seriously wrap it around his hand about 30 times! Boys are weird.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• How old is he exactly?... I know once my boys get to be 13, 14 they better unclog that themselves! Nuh uh, not this mommy. I do know that it is usually a TP issue. Wiping and wiping and wiping and dumping it all in. I've seen my boys almost use half a roll. I switched over to flushable wipes and they havent clogged... Yet!

Good luck mommy!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• When mine was 15 I told him I was going to buy him his own plunger if I had to do the toilet one more time. He said he was sorry and I never had to do it again. Guess he'd flush and leave and didn't even know it had plugged up.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Get a plunger for the toilet he uses most often and have him do it himself. Also, take a serious look a the type of toilet paper that you use. Those soft, fluffy toilet papers take longer to break down and tend to clog up toilets when people use more than they probably should. We use Scott brand toilet paper because it breaks down quickly making it less clogging and safer for septic tanks. You could also teach him to flush mid-sit.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Google Courtesy Flush.
    Oy..........................
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Feel lucky he remembers to flush at all.....Boys are so gross.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Ditto to twinsplus2more!!
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 12:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• This is something I figure I'll have to look forward to if my DH is any indication. He can plug a toilet like no one would believe. My son will probably be just like that. And I can say in my DH's case it's not a matter of toilet paper. He just does seriously huge poos.
    Anonymous

• I think it's time for him to learn how to use a plunger. My DH was the SAME way as a kid (still happens now on occasion). He'll start to flush mid-poo eventually, when he gets tired of cleaning the toilet. If he's going through puberty, he's old enough to clean.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010