tired of being nice to strangers!

anyone else have this happen? you hold the door for someone at the doctor office or something and they jump right up and sign in before you. They arent even decent enough to give you your spot. And elevators, you are the first in and you hold it for someone but they make sure they are the first out and its like a freaking race down the hall to see who gets in line first. Why do people act like life is a rat race?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree, but I always remember that I may get a few of those jerky people that I wish I had not helped...but I may catch a nice grandma at some point too. ;) Know what I mean. lol.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Not every stranger is rude. I'd rather be polite and know I'm a good person, than be just as rude as the few who are rude to me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• you forgot the freeway,lol i always let people in and man they almost ram into me everytime i need in.thats who they are,im not changing who iam for anyone
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I so know what you mean, I have been living in CO for a year and the people here are so freaking rude sometimes. I'm from the south and was raised to be courteous and kind to people (Yes i know not all people from the south are courteousand not all from CO are rude jackasses.. Before I got married and had my DD I would call people out on it. Now I just let it slide and keep moving. Just ignore unless it crosses the boundaries of your tolerance.

Anonymous

• well, when i hold the door for someone i generally dont expect anything in return. if i get a thank you, that is a success...if not, no biggie. i wouldnt expect to get my "spot" to sign in at the doctor. its not anyone's spot. at my office it really dosn't matter what order you sign in...its when you have your appointment.

i dont think because i do something nice for someone i am automatically due something. i did something nice & polite to be nice & polite. i try not to worry so much about other people. if they are in that big of a hurry to try and race off somewhere, they are busier than me....i let it go.

i guess i just think its silly to expect something in return when you do a good deed, act polite, or do something nice for people who haven't asked you for anything or you dont know. i try to let little things go so that i can have a good day. i always say thank you if someone holds the door for me.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you are too competitive?
    Anonymous

• I hate when Im the one pushing the stroller and end up holding the door for strangers
    NichelleK

Answer by NichelleK at 8:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2010