Date my Divorce Attorney

So here is a weird one. My Divorce was final a few weeks ago. We were apart for a year before the divorce. So I got an attorney and it was not contested and a quick, clean divorce. Anyway, the Attorney took me for a drink after the court day and I didn't think anything of it. Literally one drink, he wished me the best and vice-vera. Now, he calls me out of the blue and says he would like to see me socially. He said he liked the way I handel myself, he finds me attractive and now that we no longer have a professional realtionship he wanted to take me to dinner...

What would you do? Too weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Seems wierd to use a client base as a dating pool, but there could be more there than what it sounds like. If you like the guy, consider what you want out of this now that you're single again.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Well, if you like the guy, I don't see the harm. He got to know you during the procedure, and apparently he liked what he saw. At least he waited till after everything was finalized! I say if you like him, go for it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• So many of them take advantage of newly divorced women. If you want to be another notch on his belt, then go for it. It's actually unethical and if he gave you a discounted price for services it's illegal. I'm a retired legal secretary and it made my stomach turn to watch these players. It's really sleazy of them to use their clients as a dating pool.
    Anonymous

• since anon04 brought up that lawyer do this to take advantage of women....here i my advice

if you are interested, go for it but take it pain-stakingly slowly. do not allow him to use you if that is what he is trying to do. by taking it slowly you are letting yourself get to know him, him you, and if he isn't actually interested in you....then you can kick him to the curb without a lot of hurt feelings or baggage.

I dont see how a date could hurt...but I would be careful if this is common practice of some divorce lawyers (which is sad if it is).

Good luck!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Was/Is he anyone you would ever date?

Answer by louise2 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If the feeling is mutual, that you wouldn't mind seeing him socially as well, then go for it. You can't always control how you meet the person you fall for. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. AND it shows he has morals because he waited until the divorce was final and you were no longer his client before he asked you out. If he's someone you wouldn't mind going on a date with, I say go for it.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It worked for Charlotte in Sex in the City. If you like him, go for it. Go slow. Life is short so enjoy!
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 11:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2010