can i do this

can i put vinigar in my bath water to help treat yeast infections?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

• I don't think the water is gonna get high enough up in your vagina to help the issue. That and you'll come out smelling like an Easter egg!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i use all the medications nothing works nomore
    Anonymous

• well probally not since it will kill all the bacteria including the good stuff go to the doctor
    Anonymous

• Go see your doctor and start some probiotics- all the yeast meds can kill off your good bacteria, making you itch and burn like there is still an infection when there isn't. Had that happen in college, not fun- all it took was one week of treatment for it to start, then a few weeks of an overzealous nurse practitioner who thought I had more going on than I did- she actually put me on a treatment for trich before I was able to see my obgyn, who tested and found that all my bacteria was off balance. Probiotics fix that easily.
    As for things to put in bath water, baking soda would be better for a potential yeast infection. Best thing to do though is to go to your doctor and have them test to be sure it really is a yeast infection and not a bacterial imbalance from all the otc medications.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2010