Ok ladies, I need your help & advice. Going into Army.......

& my time limit to run a mile is 10:30 min. My goal is to run it in 10 even. I start basic on April 14th. I know I can do this in my given time frame, so please don't bash me. I just wanted to know what is the 'best' way to do this. I want to secure a future before I start trying for a family. (Long story, send a message if you want details) If it helps, I am 5'8 & weigh between 187 & 190, my body fat is at 30% I want to either lower it to 28% or get down to 170.

Barb87

Asked by Barb87 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Running is the best way to lose weight...so keep doing it.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If you got the money get a personal trainer.. My husband got one 3 weeks before his basic. He was over weight, a smoker, and not in good physical shape. They shaved 6 min off of his running time in 3 weeks. I know this doesnt help but there is quite a few women in the military on here. Join one of the military groups and they should be able to give you more advice. Good luck
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• You might find this interesting too: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7467101/US-Army-overhauls-fitness-training-for-weak-generation.html

Answer by gdiamante at 7:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I just signed up on www.coolrunning.com - they've got a couch to 5k running program.

and
    http://www.activetrainer.com/ there are programs that are free that will send a daily email reminder of what you need to do and how to do it.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• AHH thats what I was going to suggest hypermamaz LOL.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2010