What are some natural ways to help lower cholesterol?

I've changed alot of the way I eat, I am exercising more, but my cholesterol still hasn't went down. The dr. has talked about putting on Crestor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

• Garlic. They make garlic pills.
    Anonymous

• Garlic, and Cayenne pepper will help lower cholestrol by cleansing the blood. Coenzyme Q10 will help with your circulation. Kelp helps by cleaning out the liver.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• read the book the cholesterol myth, just for the info. i heard (i haven't looked into it) that the body produces cholesterol when it is undergoing cellular repair. if that is true, then does artificially lowering the cholesterol actually stop the body from making repairs at a cellular level? like i said, i have not looked into it yet. i see a ton of people on cholesterol lowering drugs, and there is no lowering of heart disease.
    good luck and good health to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• the dr made my mom drink a glass of RED wine before bed. it made her's go down. she was not happy. we don't drink alcohol but she had to do it.
    Anonymous

• I was told more exercise, less dairy & red meat and don't eat out as much. I was already doing those things, my high # is from heredity. Has your Dr. taken that into consideration?
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2010