Health Care subsidies?

I've been trying to learn more about health care reform. Does anyone know how the subsidies will work if the bill gets passed? My tax preparer said I would have to pay premiums for a year and then get my money back at tax time. I cannot afford premiums now! There is no way I could pay them for a year before getting help. He also says if I don't buy insurance, I will be fined. Is this true?

Does anyone know how they will work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, it's better than that, OP! You see, IF the bill passes, you'll get to pay premiums for at least FOUR years (give or take), until ObamaCare goes into effect. That's right, you'll have the pleasure of paying thousands of dollars, and get NOTHING in return!

You will not be getting money back come tax time--that's when the premiums will be DEDUCTED from your tax return (they aren't going to trust that people will voluntarily pay from an invoice--as the government will NEED that money (along with several trillion more), to get the program up and running.

I can't even imagine what the next 10 years will bring in terms of cost. More than 33% of physicians are planning on "retiring" if this bill passes, and your health care WILL be rationed (no matter what the libs try and tell you to the contrary).

This bill is NOT about health care, it's about CONTROL!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• yes. anyone who doesn't buy into the healthcare will be a criminal
    Anonymous

• I bet none of the defenders come in on this one. They only respond too gay/abortion/racial causes, yell Bush's fault and Glenn Beck is crazy.....Throw in an ACTUAL FACTUAL policy debate and ALL you HEAR are CRICKETS....EVERY dang TIME. BUT they are THE FIRST ONES to moan about the lack of substantive Q's if someone who leans to the right posts ANY kind of silly G. :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'm here and I'm all for HC Insurance reform-not exactly what is being offered now. The status quo can not continue-the current system needs reform.

No need to bully the audience.

Anonymous

• Anon 53 You are totally right. And I think everyone who is against this plan agrees. The cost we pay for healthcare is out of hand and changes to the system need to be made. Just not THIS change.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I am all for hearing ANYTHING the conservatives can offer that is affordable for everyone. they have yet to do anything but b*tch and moan and not offer any other solutions. McCains plan was not a good idea either. Why not look towards who is really getting super rich out of it, the pharmaceuticals?

Anonymous

• You know lol I am not even going to type some of the conservative ideas out here again.This has been done so many damn times now it's ridiculous.Look back through posts ..ask Obama he knows he ignores it because all he cares about is himself.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• What a crock! It's been shown time and again that people who can't afford it will have help from the government.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Post it then phoenix.What level of income will the government consider too low to afford health insurance? By what do they judge by? What other factors are considered? Actually nobody has posted any of that because they do not know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Didn't you all hear? We have to PASS the bill to find out what is IN the bill. Nancy said so. I think that she thinks that is the best way to go. I hope that her district figures out how to get her out in Nov.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2010