pregnancy test?

if you have two positive pregnancy tests even though they only cost a dollar to buy is it accurate? I have taken one before and it was negative a long time ago about a year ago. This time I took one and it was positive and then waited 3 hours and took another and it was still positive so does this mean I'm pregnant? I was suppose to start today and didn't so just out of curiousity I bought two and they were both positive going to the doctor tomorrow. So if two positives means I'm pregnant right? Could they both be false?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, go and buy a better one if you are doubting it...but a test is a test is a test...
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your preggo to me! False positives are VERY rare. Good luck, mama!

Do yourself a favor, and don't do what I did last week... I took the test a day before I missed my period. Had the bloodwork done the next day and only had an hcg level of 59 - because it was so early. But for a few days, I was a nervous wreck thinking I was losing the baby, when in fact it was just so early, my number was really low. 5 days later my number was up to 1348. I'm still only 5 weeks, so there are still m/c risks, but i feel a lot better and could have avoided the heartache!

The moral of the story, wait a few days before going to have bloodwork done. I have learned my lesson the hard way! Good luck :)
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 8:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• false negatives are more likely than a false positive... i used the dollar store ones, and they are pretty accurate...
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• They all have a 99.9% accuracy.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 9:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2010