Anyone know what could happen if you let a sinus infection go untreated?

Just wondering because I'm pretty sure thats what I have. But I really don't want to go to the doctor. Can it just go away on its own or is there some home remedy I can use to cure it myself?
Thanks for your input and advice in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

• I just bought a neti pot today... I have chronic sinusitis and I just finished antibiotics about 2 weeks ago and don't want to go on them again.. The neti pot works really well but if you have fever then you may want to go to the Dr. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I use a netipot, too. And it does help a lot. If a sinus infection goes untreated it can make you awfully ill. I usually try to bear with it unless it just seems to be getting worse and worse- the yucky discharge gets worse every day. Usually mine go into bronchitis, and you don't want to mess with that either. I have learned to catch it as soon as I realize it isn't going to improve on its own.

Answer by Bmat at 8:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Thankyou! Hope you feel better too! I think that is the one symptom I don't have and thats a fever! Neti pot, I will look into that. Thanks.
    Anonymous

• yur nose will fall off?
    Anonymous

• Hardee Har Har. lol.
    Anonymous

• Sinus infection->bronchitis->pneumonia. DH gets that every year without fail if he doesn't go to the doctor for the sinus infection. Lots of water, and a neti pot or saline rinse to prevent excess drainage that can lead to bronchitis.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 10:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2010