Am I just mean or what?

I live in the country (rural area), there are no leash laws, no tether laws either. The road I live on is a private road with about 9 houses on it. We have 3 signs posted on our road.... NO SOLICITORS (it's a decision all the neighbors came to unanimously, so no problems there. Most of us have dogs, I have one, particularly, who does not like strangers. Lately we've had an insurance salesman stopping by our street once a week for about a month now, leaving his business card on everyone door. Four of us have called him and told him we're not interested and this is private and posted road. He came back this evening and my dog chased him halfway back down the road. Normally I would stop her, but this dude is really pushy so I let him get the full affect. Is that mean of me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol.... You should have video taped it. That's funny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Maybe not mean, I'm sure you got your point across but be careful people will sue for stuff like that now a days. Especially if your dog caught him and chewed him up a little.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• lol no!!! I would have done the same.. I mean you did call him and nicely asked him to stop trespassing on the private road you live on

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 8:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yes that is mean! Instead of being mean and hiding behind your dog you should have told the guy personally to stop putting business cards on your door. Coward!!!
    Anonymous

• anon26....she already said they had called him and told him they werent interested so i don't think she was hiding behind her dog....

i dont thinkit was mean, but if there is a place to report people, i would....cause that would get old VERY fast
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Not mean at all, the man was pushy!

Answer by older at 8:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Mean, maybe. Wrong? Not entirely...could have very ended badly (for ALL parties) if your dog had caught him, though.
    Anonymous

• Anon she said that they DID call him and tell him to stop.
    No not mean but I would be careful, he could call animal control on you and claim your dog is an attack dog that chased him down the road.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• There is no leash law, what is animal control going to do? If there are no trespassing signs up, no beware of dogs signs up (there should be), then they should be fine. They did inform him to stay away. I think it's funny, and would be pretty funny to watch. So, I guess I'm mean, too.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No leash laws or not, if a dog is " vicious" then they can do something. All it takes is one jerk off making a report.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010