Tired of Mommy??

My daughter is 8 mos old and lately she's been getting extra fussy (she's teething and it's obviously not enjoyable). She used to want me to hold her or snuggle with her when she wasn't feeling well, but lately she seems to want everyone but me, I'm wondering if it's just a phase that will pass or if she connects me with the teething pain and doesn't want me nearby. I know some of this sounds a little crazy, but I've been trying for the past three hours to calm her down, gave her tylenol, something for her gums, a wet washcloth to chew on, nothing worked, now my SIL is holding her and she's asleep, at least I think, everytime I walk by she starts crying again so I'm letting them have a few minutes for her to calm down. Any ideas/advice/anything???

heratyc

Asked by heratyc at 8:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 8 month old is the same way. he prefers my mom and aunt now to me. i think its just they like attention from other people since they are used to us.

Maybe get a toy she likes and sit down with her and play.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Its a phase. Kids go through so many phases its unreal. My son is 14mths old and always wants Daddy. I am a SAHM who works from home and I am always with him but when daddy gets home my son is his shadow.

Danielle
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/danishel
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 8:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• just like the phase where the only person on earth they want is you...... this too will pass lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• wow i wish my daughter would go to someone else lol shes glued to my hip anytime someone takes her she cries
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My son switches between my husband and I. Actually, now that I count, he was in a major anti-mommy phase around 8 months. I just started going back to work, so I figured he was mad. But I got him back for awhile now he's 17 months and all about dad again. She'll come back to you. Use this time to put your feet up!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My daughter would ALWAYS want her daddy to put her to sleep and not me. She would twist and turn and push me away for the whole time I was trying to put her to sleep. Her dad has her for less than five minutes and she would pass out. Now she just goes to sleep herself, but for a while I needed him home so that she'd get some sleep!
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2010