What is life like in the Kansas City Missouri area?

My husband is interviewing for a job @ Rockhurst Univ. I am interested in learning more about the economy, jobs in education, baseball for 10/11 yr. old boys, schools, homes, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• http://www.kcmo.org/CKCMO/index.htm  I don't live there; I live on the other side of MO.  I have some relatives who live there.  This link takes you to their official page.  Click the residents tab at the top and it takes you to a listing of links for neighborhoods, new residents, housing, recreation, and taxes.  Really it depends on the area of KC you would be going into.  Some are good, some not so good, on all the levels.  Hope this helps a little.

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 10:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• http://www.city-data.com/city/Kansas-City-Missouri.html  Here's another link that lists statistics like income, home values, unemployment/employment, crime, etc.

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 10:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I moved away from Kansas City when I was 18. I hated it here. Well, as soon as I left I realized how great KC is! So, after my daughter was born my husband an I moved back. Right now we live in a suburb of Kansas City and it's wonderful. There's lots of shopping and businesses close by. Housing is affordable and available. Schools are hit and miss. Stay away from the actually KC school district. They have a lot of problems right now. But where I live the public schools are awesome- some of the best in the area actually.

RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 8:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I love KC (used to live there), but be careful about the neighborhood you choose. We lived in Midtown (near Rockhurst) and loved it, but it got too bad. You can talk to the police station to ask for crime statistics in neighborhoods you are considering.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2010