Dating Communication

when you are dating a guy - in the new, less than a month stages. How often do you expect to hear from him? Is texting appropriate contact or should it be taken as less than desireable? What about if he is traveling what kind of contact do you expect - calls daily, texting every other?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• idk are you guys being exclusive yet? less than a month is pretty new so i would say a couple of times a week ...... i don't mind texting but should call at least once a week just to say hi or set up a date imo
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Theres really no way to tell but you and him.. Me and my husband, when we first met we were inseperable. We wanted to be together every second of every day. We're going on 3 years married next month, and we're still pretty crazy about each other.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 9:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My boyfriend and I talked every day even before we started dating. He's a truck driver, so talking on the phone was our only real means of communication, we couldn't get together real regularly. I think it all depends on what the two of you feel comfortable with. Or what you feel you need, and if he doesn't do it, then decide if you can live with it. We live together now, he's still a truck driver, and we still feel we need to talk every day, even if it's only a quick "hi babe, I love you, good night". That's what WE need. Another couple might think it's too clingy, and yet another might think it's still not enough. You have to figure out what works for you guys.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• ROTFLMBO........ sorry Im no help here.... last time I was in a "dating" situation cell phones were not even around. Text... was short for textbook.

I think good old fashion VOICE to ear... phone ok, but in person is best. You want to see him, read his body language, look into his eyes... know that his focus is on YOU.

Anonymous

• I'm no help either, never been much of a "dater." I jump right into marriage! Seriously, my husband and I met on a Friday night, he stayed two nights with me, went home for one night, came back to my place after that, and pretty much never left. We were together 3 1/2 years and got married and will have our first anniversary this August. So I don't know!! LOL!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• ok well like some have said you have to figure out what is best for the two of you. Sounds like your in a rush to be a serious relationship while he may not. As for me and my bf we are going on 3 1/2 years and started out as a one night stand. he ended up texting or calling me everyday after that and we practically moved in with each two weeks later bee together ever since. I was ok with only hearing from him two or three times a week but he ended up calling or texting everyday or showed up out of the blue to see me. Now we are going on two kids and a dozen or so pets. Just don't expect a lot but be happy and suprised if you get more.
    countrymama6608

Answer by countrymama6608 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2010