My husband is an active duty Marine and I want to have breast reduction surgery. I have already made an apt. with my PCM are there any "key" words to make sure it gets approved? And what size do you think they will make me go down to?

NichelleK

Asked by NichelleK at 8:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

• I would say you are having severe backpain, if it is related to problems you are having and not just cosmetic then it is more likely to be approved.

Also, I dont think they MAKE you go down to a certain size, I think that that is decided between the Dr and the patient...figuring out what would be best for you. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• i would assume that you have to make a point of saying it's bc of a medical need, not a cosmetic one. idk about what size they will suggest for you to go down to.... i guess it depends on your body and what size you are now. they would suggest a size that is appropriate for your body type.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• your doctor will answer all these questions
    Anonymous

• My Aunt had one last year. She was like a FFF or something crazy! She had SEVERE neck pain and terrible backaches most of her life. She was already a big woman, but they blew up even more after having her son. She went down to a regualr D I believe. It obviously HAS to be for medical reasons, or the mil. wouldn't do it (I am an AF wife). Your PCM isn't going to be the one making the decision, TriCare is. So it will ultimately be how much your PCM thinks you need it, I suppose! And I'm not certain they will MAKE you reduce to a certain size, but of course your PCM will discuss all this with you (as the PPs said)! Good Luck!!!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• They make you be under a certain weight for your body type and take a certain percentage off or they won't pay for it. Also they want a history of document back pain, neck pain or other physical signs that you need it. Good luck I really want this done too and will do it when i'm done breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• You PCM does not approve the surgery. The PCM put in the referral for you to see a plastic surgeon and that's it. Once you see the ps, then he will talk you about your size and anything else you want to know. You ps send a letter and pics to tricare to get the surgery approve. I went through this and it took about a week for my surgery to get approved and now in surgery date is in 2 weeks.
    Trice7526

Answer by Trice7526 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2010