My Fiance Dumped me! What do I do?

I've been with Josh 4 about 5 years now, 2 years ago we got pregant, I was only 19 he was 22. We've had rough times just like normal people, but everything was great, he's the best dad in the world, he treated me like a princess, this past Christmas he proposed 2 me. We started planning the wedding, he was all into it, I just bought my wedding dress TWO weeks ago. Then, this past friday we got into a fight and all of a sudden out of nowhere he tells me he doesn't think this will work that he wants US 2 be over. I asked what happened y does he feel like this out of nowhere. He says he's been unhappy for awhile (but then why propose less than 3 months ago why help me plan a wedding, why let me BUY a wedding dress) He says he's been stressed out that he thought he'd be futhar than we are at this point, I've suggested Counsling but he refuses, I've come up with lists of things we can do to help but he refuses them all WHAT DO I DO

sdierker

Asked by sdierker at 9:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• There isn't much to do at this point, but give him space. I mean do you think you can force him to love and marry you? Of course not. Give him space and start planning a life without him. If he comes around then great, if not then at least you have a head start getting on your feet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• hope to god you can return the dress and i not put it on ebay
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'm so sorry. I've been in your shoes. My fiance dumped me, too, after 10 years together, but we got back together because he was an idiot. : ) Anyway, your fiance sounds like he can't be a man and be honest with you. He probably didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you he was unhappy. Being unhappy doesn't necessarily mean you should break up--you should work on it. Especially since you two have a child together. He needs to grow up and realize it's not about him anymore. He has a family now and needs to make the best of it. Good luck to you. If this guy doesn't treat you like a princess anymore, you WILL find someone who does.
    Anonymous

• i am still waiting for my husband to grow up and realize that he has a family and take his responsibilities seriously. We are separated now and it is really hard. Everyone says that i should give him space. HELLO i moved out! HOw much more space does he need?....I dont know what to say to you except that i would evaluate what you want in your relationship. look past the wedding, For instance, I want my husband to be a partner to me, help me with the bills, make our life better, work for our sons education, someone who talks freely to me not his friends. I want to be the first person he tells anything to. i want to be in a loving and committed relationship and i know that all of those things take working together to accomplish. If he doesnt want the same things you want then what do u do? keep holding on for your child or move on and possibly have the same problems with someone new?
    tab1023

Answer by tab1023 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• take the dress back and next time rent one
    Anonymous

• Doesn't sound like someone I would ever want to marry.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'm so sorry. That's awful to do, especially since you have a child together :(

There's not a lot you can do... just give him time & maybe he will come back around. Maybe he's just having cold feet?
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 1:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I am so sorry but I think its better you find out now than later and if he dosen't want to be with you then he isn't worth it
    you can find someone better and let him see what a great person he lost
    I hope everything turns out ok for you and your child
    Just thank GOD for everything you do have and maybe this is so you can find your true soulmate
    ProudMommy134

Answer by ProudMommy134 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2010