I saw a special on Kate Gosselin- Do you feel sorry for her?

I hated how Kate Gosselin use to talk to her husband John. She has explained how she regrets what she did and apologized for it. However, she siad one of her fears was divorced based on statistics. She heard couples of multiples doesn't stay together more than 5 years. The stress of multiples harm some couples relationship. I feel sorry that she is raising the kids without John. I'd am just curious of what others think. If you don't care or think it's not my business- honestly go to the next question. I know she isn't poor or suffering. She says she still loves John Do you feel sorry for her?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 9:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• No. All that has happened to her, she contributed to. She is the one who kicked her husband out of their bedroom after their move to that huge house in PA. She's the one who treated him like an idiot. She's the one who degraded him on public tv. And now she wants us to feel sorry for her? Um, no.

I think they should have thought things through before having 6 additional children: finances, stress and strain on the marriage, the impact it would have on Mady and Cara.

I'm glad that she is able to make enough money to provide for her children, but at what cost? She herself said she is in NYC for 1/2 the week WITHOUT her kids. She is technically an absentee parent. I could never leave my daughter for 3-4 days out of the week for work. I'd find another occupation. I guess the amount of money she receives is more important than the impact of her lifestyle on those kids.

I wish those kids luck. I really do.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• no, i think she's a bitch and jon is a douche.... i feel sorry for the kids.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 9:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• yeah i feel sorry for the kids. its an unfortunate situation all around. she may not have been the best wife ever, but really, who is? that was not an excuse for what jon did.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I think we are all human. We make mistakes and have imperfections and usually each person is doing the best they can given their knowledge and emotional capability at the time. Being a special needs mom....i know that high stress in a family can put a lot of strain on a relationship. My husband and I are both guilty of doing and saying hurtful things to each other, things we didn't really mean that were said because of the stress we both feel most of the time. So I do feel for her, and for John and the kids. I really hope that they can eventually work things out.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 9:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I do. Even though she is a bitch that doesn't give him the ok to go ahead and cheat on her. He knew who he was marrying!
    Anonymous

• I don't really feel sorry for her. A person cheating is never solely that person fault and if I was with her she would push me to cheat! She treated him like a child...not that he is perfect he has proven to be quite a jerk but I think he just got so tired ofhow he was treated. I feel sorry for the kids thats who I feel sorry for!
    Anonymous

• I like Kate, still do. However she is WRONG when it comes to multiple birth statistics. Just because she has multiples, doesn't mean she knows how most families with multiples handle the pressures of raising them. Most families with multiples do struggle more in the first year than families with singletons, but studies published through the NOMOT (National Organization of Mothers of Twins) show only a 4% increase in divorces among couples with multiples compared to the national average.
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I like kate -- I always have.... I somewhat feel sorry for her, just because I think it would be hard for her to find love with another man ) because what good man would want to be with a mom with 8 little kids) .....

Everyone always complains about how she treated Jon -- well he was an idiot, and needed to be treated like one....

and everyone complains that she cares more about making money -- well 8 kids cost alot of money so of course she is going to be doing things to make money -- if she didnt do the things she was she would most likely go on PA --- and THEN everyone would be complaining about that !

Last of all -- everyone always complains that she is always out without the kids -- do you know how hard it would be to take 8 kids with you everywhere ??
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I live in the same area as Kate, and work VERY close to their last house, where the show was filmed. She won't speak anywhere local, and the last time she was supposed to it got canceled. Most locals have no patience for her. She treated EVERYONE around her like this from the beginning. Supposedly, she was a B(&#(* while on bedrest at Hershey Med. (As a person who REALLY has PCOS, I'm VERY skeptical about her "fertility" problems. Knowing how these things work, there is something fishy about her story.) People in her neighborhood tell stories of her not speaking to anyone, even neighbors offering to help or have the kids over to play, and she has had helpers, nurses, and nannies for almost the ENTIRE time since she had the 6. Sorry, I pray that the kids don't rebell with drugs or crime.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 11:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2010