Why would Americans travel abroad to get dental care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because it cost me around 25 USD total to get two wisdom teeth removed. I will be getting the other two removed this summer. It is just as clean and sanitary as here not to mention the education of my dentist overseas is on par with any dentist here.
    heatkab

Answer by heatkab at 12:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• bc its rall expensice and they can get it cheaper elsewhere
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• *really not rall
    erika_wright

• why would they travel abroad to get any type of medical care? Money of course.
    Anonymous

• idk but i know alot of mexicans with silver and gold teeth so maybe they do that sort of thing on the cheap down there.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It's cheaper in other countries.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I have a brother in law from another country and his family lives there -he's more comfortable with health care there and it's a heck of a lot cheaper. Health care all around is cheaper outside of our borders -not necessarily better but cheaper. Hey at least care is being gotten.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I work in dental and all i can say is those other countries are definitely creative when it comes to fixing teeth. However everything that we have and do in the US is regulated by laws and there are guidelines that dentists must follow when providing treatment. I know that those other countries don't do testing and dont necessarily use either sanitary practices or quality material. That is why its so expensive here. We like to test our stuff before we use it.
    tab1023

Answer by tab1023 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• rolling on floor as long as they dont go to the UK.... have ya seen those Brit's teeth?!

Anonymous

• Dental in this country is expensive. I have a bridge and two crowns and they cost over $4000--after insurance covered their part.
    Anonymous