Would you agree to a baby name you didn't really like if....

you chose the first childs name that your SO wasn't too fond of? I had to name my first son Camden. I absolutely love his name. I got my way and now he likes the name. Anyways, my SO really loves the name Anton and wanted the name for our first son. I don't really like it at all. However the middle name is going to be Jeffrey and I like A.J. so I don't think it would be too bad. I don't like boys names in general so there really isn't one that I really want anyways. What do you think?

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 9:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well i guess if you can't come up with something better that's gonna be it. hubby let me name all the kids lol so i was lucky i guess :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I had made the mistake of making a deal with my husband before we knew the sex of our child. If it was a girl i got to name the first name and he got to name the middle if it was a boy then he would name the first name and i would name the middle....I really didn't like my son's name a t first but now i think its cute. His name is Kain Brantley
    tab1023

Answer by tab1023 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i compromised on my dds name. i picked one he didnt like. he picked one i didnt like. and together they sounded great. as does anton jeffrey.
    Anonymous

• I think if u got to name the first one, he should be able to name the second... but the best thing would be to find a name u both like and agree on! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I like Anton. But as to your feeling for it, I would guess that you will grow to love it like your husband did with Camden. I was never fond of our third son's name, but it fits him and I am finally happy we named him that.
    Good Luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• aaaaaahh!! Somehow I told my husband he can name the second child. I'm pretty sure I was drunk and he was taking advantage of my good mood. So I'm pregnant now and if it's a boy his name will be Maximus! Quit b*tching about Anton :) ....A. J. is a great name.....MAXIMUS!!!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I really believe in naming a baby what it's name should be, and not names you just like. With our kids, the names fit them...they seemed to be people that would be named that
    Anonymous

• Your entire marriage will be a dance of give and take. You simply need to decide which issues are the ones you want to "make" and issue. It is totally up to you. However, IF you choose to go with it... you MUST go with it 100% you can not come back years later and tell him you hate your child's name. That would be wrong.

Anonymous

• LOL @ Sunshine!
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Aww sunshine, maximus????? That's almost as bad as when I was pregnant before we knew the sex my fiance told me if it was a boy he would name him dollar bill..Dollar for the first name and he would want me to put his last name as bill on the birth certificate..Thankfully, it was a girl=]

I think Aton Jeffery is cute and you could just call him AJ..If I named the first, I'd let daddy pick the second. As long as he doesn't pull his stupid dollar bill crap again!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2010