Anyones baby done this before?

My DD is 5 months, we are very VERY well bonded which I'm wondering if that is why she does this..but..whenever I put her down for a nap she will NOT let me put her down after she is asleep in her crib, play yard, nothing. If my mom or anyone else puts her down for a nap, she can be put down and still stay asleep.

I don't have a problem with it, I want to spend as much time as possible with her before I go back to work and I love her cuddling on me while she sleeps so I dont need to know how to get her to sleep on her own, I'm just curious if anyone else has been threw this and if they know why?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son wont lay down unless im in the room he is two and a half and he did not start doing this until me and my husband separated. My doc said he might be having some type of separation anxiety...Talk with your doc.
    tab1023

Answer by tab1023 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• my daughter is 3 and still wont let me leave her bed when i put her to bed. she is a huge mommas girl. which is fine by me! but with anyone else she will go and stay asleep just fine. i think she sences that i love being with her too.
    Anonymous

• awwwe, She loves you! My son didn't do this. Actually I can barely remember him at 5 months. I just wanted to say I think it's cute.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My husband has to take my 1 year old from my arms and transport her to bed, If I try to let her down she wont have it, but she doesn't fight him at all.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Babies are wired to want their Mommas. When she is sleeping in your arms, there is no place she would rather be. When you put her down, she has gone from her very favorite and most comfortable place to a cold bed. It would be like someone taking you while you were sleeping, out of your bed, & putting you on the couch. If Daddy or Gramma put her down, its acceptable, because she was in a so-so zone anyhow. Like going from one couch to the other. Try this trick: When you know she is going to crash out, hold her in a baby quilt. That way, after she falls asleep, you will have a better chance of laying her down because she will still be laying on her warm quilt with a still lingering smell of you. You will figure out all these little tricks & will still only have a 40% success rate! Hahaha! She loves you!

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• at that age, I had to very slowly creep away from my babies (just a few inches at a time) or else they would wake up.
    Anonymous

• We kind of have this problem with my 4 1/2 month old. though if ANYONE tries to put him down for a nap he's up in about 30 mins vs holding him while he's sleeping for a good 2 hours. Not sure why cause he goes down fine for bed lol.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 5:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2010