Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

routine pap

what is usually looked for during a routine exam?? like what all do they check for?? i'm freaking out cuz this weird mole/wart (yes scary word) looking thing on my inner thigh, but nothing has ever come up being checked. its totally making me upset. it looks like a majorly flaired up ingrown hair crossed with a mole....ugh i'm a nervous wreck about it. and therefore, why i'm posting anon.....


Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • They check your ovaries for cisc and stuff like that. I have one of those moles it just popped up one day. Anyways, the doctor that was delivering my kid told me to have it removed. It doesn't mean anything, its not cancerous. I dont remember what she called it but she said all it will do is keep growing. My obgyn removed mine from me. I dont know if yours will, they might have to set you up an appointment with a dermatologist.

    Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • dont freak go to the derm. schedule one asap piece of mind is worth ur copay. If you dont like their answer get a second opinion. AGAIN dont freak you cant do anything about it u need a dr to do it for you. Hope it helps! HOPE Its nothing!

    Answer by tab1023 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • i always had a mole (down there) and sometimes a couple days after i shave i will get a ingrown hair stuck in it.. i just rip the top open with tweesers (however u spell that) and pull the hair out, then its fine the next day! try that maybe.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • well when you get a pap they check for hpv and they also do anexam of your uterus/ovaries and breasts. do you mean you're afraid the mole is really genital warts or something? it sounds like just a mole to me but just ask your ob to look at it. they might refer you to a dermatologist and you can get it removed. don't freak out..... they are there to help you

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • OP here---ya i guess becuase i dont know what it is, it worries me. it looks like a fleshy mole (skin colored not dark) but its kinda painful. i'm afraid i may have shaved over it but i'm not 100% its pretty far back. without getting too descriptive lol kinda between the two holes on my thigh.....i had one on the upper pelvic area before, but it went away. and now that i think of it, i wonder if its a reaction to the nair stuff i used (not nair but the other brand, same concept) umm ya....i guess i should call and have it checked out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • ok ladies after reading all this i started doing more says that genital skin tags are common after pregnancy!! but it still looks like i may want to have this removed because its getting inflamed. thank you for helping to ease my mind. i know i think the worst with some of these things....but thank you guys!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2010