Would you have a baby with "just a friend"

I have a 4 year old daughter ( I was married to her father but he has been long gone since I was pregnant) I have a male friend who is amazing with her ( always brings her gifts, reads to her, and just visits) We dated back before I met her father and it didnt really go anywhere, but he has been a part of our life.

I have wanted another baby basically since she was about 8 months old -- I never really dated anyone serious since having her ( dated a little bit, but it didnt go far because they didnt want to be a father) ... Well I know, that no matter what my "friend" would be an amazing father to "our baby" ..He has also told me he wants one ( for a few years he has said this -- this would be his first) ...

I thought this would be a *near* perfect thing....but when I shared our plans with family and friends..they said it was horrible idea ( since we arent together/married) ...Would u ever do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• why aren't you together?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• ...and NO I mean there are worse things.. if he is going to help you raise the baby and support it ! Go for it, besides being the only child sucks and it is better then going out on a one night stand and getting knocked up?
    have you .... this guy before?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• no I wouldnt personally
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Relationships have started on weaker foundations. You could be really happy together.
    Anonymous

• It does'nt sound like a good idea to me. Sounds like a lot a drama down the road.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I say it's a good idea. Over 50% of marriages end in divorce and then they hate each other. At least you know you guys will always be friends and provide an environment where their parents love each other and them. I would go for it.
    Anonymous

• we have had sex before ( one time) and it was nice... but at that time ( when we dated) I really just wanted to date my ex husband ( I liked him at the time, but "friend" just asked me out first) .....

I do think we would be good together but who knows how long it would take us to work up a romantic-relationship -- my daughter is 4 and I want my kids to grow up together....
    Anonymous

• DO IT!.. if your heart says go for it, go!! get to those baby making sheets and make a baby!!!.
    and.. try to work on a realationship too
    ..wait is he gay by any chance?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• no he is definalty not gay lol...
    Anonymous

• I can't get past the wanting a baby 'before' being in a steady loving relationship. Seems bassakwards.
    Anonymous