how do i get my kid to stop

he is 6 an bangs his head constantly on the wall,the floor,his hand what do i do? I have tried different things like telling him to do different things etc what do i do???????????

moodywife

Asked by moodywife at 10:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• BY ACCIDENT OR ON PURPOSE?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• if on purpose contact his dr
    Anonymous

• he does it everytime he is mad,happy period he just does it and he wont stop
    moodywife

Answer by moodywife at 10:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• his anger issues it sounds like are way out of control -talk to a psychologist for help in setting and maintaining discipline and rewards.

If you ohhh awwww poor baby each time then he won't recognize that it's wrong to do that. Maybe he's having school troubles that is hard for him to talk to you about? or friendship troubles in the neighborhood? Does he ever not do this? My dd used to have bad bad temper tantrums she was my youngest and I just babied her too much. It was very hard to reset things properly when I finally did.

Academic and developmental problems can cause huge frustrations too - what does your ped say? Hope your ds gets better, I'm sure its worrisome for you!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'm not sure, but I thought I heard that that's associated with something happening in the brain that's not right, or off...I would definitely talk to your doctor about it.
    Anonymous

• You need to discuss this with the doc
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• mom how long has this been going on since you say he does it happy and also mad, get him in for an evaluation -what does his school say about him his behavior in class and on the bus?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Given his age, I would see a doctor.
    Anonymous

• Does he also do this in school, or just at home?
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• He needs to see a doctor as soon as possible.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2010