How do I get this out of her eye?

Someone help me, please. My 4 month old has a half to 3/4 inch strand of hair in her eye that I can't get out. It's been in there for more than a week and I assume it won't come out on its own because of its length. I think it irritates me more than it does her. I tried flushing with water from a medicine dropper but she gets mad and clenches them eyelids shut. Any tricks, tips?

aluvk4evr

Asked by aluvk4evr at 10:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it will come out eventually in that goopy stuff in the corner of their eye (you know the sleep you get in the corner of your eye).if it's not irritating the eye i would just leave it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• wash your hands and put your finger in there. seriously, just go for it.
    Anonymous

• Anon I seriously tried that, but her eye is just too small for my big ol fingers, lol. And it gets even smaller when she's trying to close it.

I hope it does eventually Princessbeth79, it's been over a week and I really thought it'd be out by now. I'm not gonna push it though.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 10:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Everyone is going to say this is weird, but seriously, lick it out.

Rinse your mouth with salt water, not mouth wash bc mouth wash will sting and tears are naturally salty.

Hold your baby up to your mouth and lick her eye and the hair will come out on your tongue.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:05 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Take a dry Qtip and run a long her and that should get it out! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Start from the outside of her eyelid (with her eye closed) with your finger (clean of course) and drag to the inner part. That's what I do when she has goop on her eyeball. It usually brings the goop the corner where I can get it out easier.
    Anonymous