Need honest opinions please!

Okay. I am dating a guy - still a new realtionship. Pretty frequent contact and dates until 2 weeks ago when he had to go on a trip. Haven't seen him since the 5th and no calls since then either. Texting here and there but nothing really meaningful. He had his daughter the weekend between then and now and we are still so new that I make sure to let him be those weekends and understand his time with her - he did text me Sunday morning to see how my Sat plans went. Since he has been on his trip it has been texts only every few days, I do have to say I know he is plenty busy on the road and working like 18 hour days. And he did ask me out Monday for Friday night. I think his priorities are right where they need to be with how new we are and how important his child is and how hard he works but I need opinions: should I just excuse the lack of communication as his being busy or face the ugly "He's just not that into you" truth

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• wow i think you better chill bc it looks like you're heading down that slippery slope called obsession..... seriously just chill and i think it's great that he's taking time to call u and check up on you, etc. when obviously he's tired and busy.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I think it's still too early to tell. It sounds like even though he is busy and has responsibilities he is still making a decent effort to keep in contact with you. My advice is continue to give him his space and don't get too clingy. Let him take the lead and respond accordingly when he contacts you. Try not to go on "last minute" dates. Make him ask you at least 2 days in advance. You also want to show him that you are busy and have a life outside of him.. To guys...that is really sexy. Good luck!
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Just take it slow. If you don't do any thing that sets this in stone, you aren't really risking that much. Know what I mean?
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If he asked you out for Friday night, that's good. Then you have lots to talk and ask about. You'll know by the end of the night it he is still into you. Actually with all he has going on, to still get a date and textes in with you, is good. I would be more worried if he let you in right away with everything he has going on.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• did you sleep with him already? obviously?? if he is a player type??
    Anonymous

• he sounds married
    Anonymous

• Oh crap....is he my husband? :)

Ladies, you are going to make her look like the desperate paranoid girl if you give her those ideas!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Relax. 18 hour days are pretty intense. And men don't see things the way we do. He probably thinks he's communicating a LOT with you.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I think he's just busy and focused on other things. You are dating right? Not living together? So relax, take it slow. If he asked you out Friday night then just chill out until then, go out Friday and have a great time. DO NOT start in with him about why didn't you call, why didn't you text, etc. Enjoy the night and the time together. If he is working, has a daughter, and ex, a current relationship with you, the guy has his hands full. Be the breath of fresh air for him, the one he can go to and relax and unwind with. Don't put more pressure on the guy. After your date Friday night you will be able to tell if he is into you or not.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2010