I am looking for some make ahead meal recipes!

I need some make ahead meal recipes for my husband. He is in his car about 90% of the day and needs to eat something other than fast food. What can I make ahead other than sandwiches that would be good, healthy, and not need to be heated. It would be great if anyone knew any OMAC recipes that would work.

Inle_Rabbit

Asked by Inle_Rabbit at 10:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Hi I buy a lot of cold cuts & pack my husbands lunch in a small cooler.I make different combination's to mix it up for him. You could make a chicken or tuna salad put in small storage container then put two slices of bread in a zip lock.When he is ready to eat,he just has to put the salad on his bread & he's done.I separate them so the bread doesn't get soggy.Hope this helps :)
    MyButlerGirls

Answer by MyButlerGirls at 2:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I send chicken wraps, basically, I make a chicken Caesar salad, with romaine lettuce, chicken, Parmesan cheese, add a small amount of cooked brown rice, toss it lightly with dressing and put it in a whole wheat tortilla. My husband loves these, I also do Mexican wraps with chopped lettuce, black beans, sometimes chicken, avacado, shopped tomatoes, a little cheese and salsa in a tortilla. Or, anti-pasta salad wraps with italian meats, cheeses, romaine lettuce and italian dressing. If he can pull over at a park, I add things like potato salad, pasta salads, ramen noodle salad, 3 bean salad, then always fresh fruit. My husband loves hummus with pita bread, or babagoush with pita bread.

Oh, and sometimes I fill pocket pitas with salad goodies, or felafels (you can get a mix for felafels), or hummus and veggies.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I am happy to send on. Send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2010