SHE IS MAD AT ME ????

I babysit 2 little boys 4 days a week -- Their mom just started dating my cousin. She whips (sp) them as punishment and she also lets my cousin ( not their father) do it too -- I usually use time out, occasionaly I smack hands if really needed --- anyways while I was watching them the oldest (3) bit the little one ( 9 months ) ..and would stop, so I smacked him on the upper leg to get him to stop -- he didnt let go, and so I got my finger in the side of his mouth and basically pried it open -- the teeth marks were left on the baby for hours ! I told the mom what happened when she picked them up and later that night she text me and said that she was mad at me and I had no right to smack him... and then didnt bring them the next day -- but brought them today, but didnt say anything to me...

Would you be mad at me too ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I probably would have done worse if my kid was biting his sibling like that.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• well YES! but seeing she whips her kids alittle smack isn't going to hurt. You need to call DSS on HER!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• no i wouldnt have been mad.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 10:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• DSS ??
    Anonymous

• Well, I would have understood, but just because the parentals in these kids lives spank, doesn't give the day care provider an automatic right to so also.
    Anonymous

whipping or spanking a child is not illegal.
    I dont spank my kids but I just had to say that.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 10:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Department of Social Services
    Anonymous

• child protective service. Sorry that is what it is call in my state. CPS I hear some call it that.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If the child would NOT let go & was hurting another child you did what you had to do within reason. If she doesnt like then I 'd tell her to find a new child care provider.
    Anonymous

• spanking. sounds better when I think of whipping..I think wooo!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010