cribsets

so I was thinking of not getting a bumper for the crib, question is there a safety reason to have a bumper or is it for looks

miss_nevin

Asked by miss_nevin at 11:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• bumpers are so that when they're young they don't bang thier heads againts the crib, since it's hard
    Anonymous

• It's purely cosmetic. They actually recommend not having the bumper pads for suffocation reasons.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 11:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• my son got stuck in his so i took it out, and my girl she use to play with hers so i took hers out now with this baby im just thinking if maybe its not worth buying a cribset.. i mean other then looks is there a reason... I was gonna just get some sheets and a blanket
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 11:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• it seems like whether you have a bumper or not, you're endangering your child.

On one hand having them is a suffocation risk. On the other not having them is a head trauma or little feet and hands getting stuck in the bars risk.

I don't know. We had a bumper, but then my girl didn't sleep in her crib until she was already 4 months old...so, at her age (size and strength) there wasn't as much to be scared of either way.
    Anonymous