Would taking pictures of your newborn child at birth be considered child pornography? What's your opinion?

I have pictures of my daughters birth but I haven't got pictures printed of the day bc i have a couple pictures of her right when she came out and then some when they're cleaning her up but I was afraid to get pictures made after hearing something in the news about a family that temporarily got their kids taken away for a pictures of the kids in the bathtub that were in their pictures at WalMart

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I only had one full naked, the rest were covered up.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No...I am not one to ever take naked pictures of my kids but after birth I do that.
    Anonymous

• No..My fiance went picture crazy, taking pictures of her coming out and pictures of her when she first came out. I think it's precious..There are sick people in the world who would see a newborns body as sexual but I am not one of them..
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My SO took lots of picture of our daughter while she fresh out of my womb, and we got them developed at CVS. Never had a problem. I don't think they would be considered child pornography.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• when I dropped off the film I let them know that they were childbirth and new baby pictures - it was written on the package. Extra care was taken to print them (and the curtain over the window where I take them and you can see people's pictures being developed - was Closed)

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No. As long as they were taken without sexual intent and do not show sexually explicit conduct they are fine.

Sexually explicit conduct is defined under federal law (18 U.S.C. §2256) as actual or simulated sexual intercourse (including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex), bestiality, masturbation, sadistic or masochistic abuse, or lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person.
    Kari777

Answer by Kari777 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I agree with hypermamaz- it's fine, but it's appropriate to let them know beforehand so that they can take the extra precaution. Sometimes certain people are even uncomfortable seeing that stuff (read:16 year old dude). Perhaps they'd hand it off to someone a little bit more mature to print them out, etc.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Are they on a memory card? Take them to a DIY camera store and print them yourself. If film then let them know and ask them to take extra care, they are so precious, anyone who looks at a picture of a newborn babe and thinks child pornography has issues themselves, or nasty minds
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i had lots of pics of my son and he is showing he's balls and everything and i was able to get it done with no problem, if someone reported something like pictures of a woman giving birth and those speical pics then they are stupid
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I think ity depends on the walmart. I have had tons of bath tub pics developed at walmart and no body said anything but that was with film. If you have a SD card you can do it yourself at some places. I don't think newborn nakedness is a problem yet so I wouldn't worry....but we are headed in that direction because victems are getting younger and younger
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2010