why won't my c section incision heal after nine months?

I gave birth nine months ago and my c section incision keeps reopening when i try to workout. I'm not doing any kinda crazy workout, just walking/ jogging. could i have been stitched incorrectly? this is making me crazy. its the second time. i've already seen a dr and been given antibiotics one time. when will i be healed properly to take a simple walk?

lovemysweetie

Asked by lovemysweetie at 11:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

• Something is definitely not right there. Go to a different doctor. It should be like that after this amount of time, and needs to be investigated
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yeah that's not normal AT ALL. I was playing ice hockey 8 weeks after my c-section! By 9 months you could barely see the scar.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I say there is something really wrong. Go to a different dr. are you sure you don't have some kind of infection?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• ok. You all convinced me... I should probably see another dr about this again. And yes, I do believe it is infected. I noticed last night that it is leaking fluid again. And this time its in a different spot than the first infection i got a month ago.
    lovemysweetie

Answer by lovemysweetie at 7:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Wow! Definately go to someone else! I've had 2 c sections and with both I was back to running 5 wks post op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My first thought was that it might be infected. Keep an eye on your temperature. Does the incision site feel warm to the touch? Is it red and painful? Have they taken a blood draw for a white blood cell count? Something does not sound right.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:02 AM on Mar. 19, 2010