Water Breaking question...

If your water broke without the doctors help, was there a specific feeling you felt before it happened? If so, how did you feel?

Amy75972

Asked by Amy75972 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I woke up very early in the morning to go to the potty and on the way there I thought a little urine leaked. I made it back to bed OK, but after I had been laying down a little while I thought that I had to pee again and that I had leaked a little on myself. I did that a couple times before I realized it was my water leaking.

My water "leak" was very small so when I was standing up gravity pulled the babies head against where the leak was and stopped me from getting wet. BUT when I would lay down, the baby would move up and my water would start leaking out again. Later in labor, is was more a steady flow of fluid, but that was several hours into labor until my water really gushed.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My water broke in the middle of the night. I must of felt it before it actually came out because I woke up from a dead sleep and 2 seconds later I had a gush of fluid.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 11:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• When my water broke w/ my daughter it just felt like I was peeing on myself. Actually thats what I thought I was doing and I went to the bathroom and tried to stop!!! I realized I was in labor and went to the hospital, the contractions finally came about 3 hours later!

With my son i had a HUGE contraction that broke my water. It actually POPPED during a contraction and when it did it felt like my back snapped in two and the whole bed shook. Followed by 3 min. of great relief! My labor was very fast with him by the time I got to the hospital I was dilated 7, he was born just a short time later!

I guess it's different with each person!
    stjohn316

Answer by stjohn316 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• just hot liquid gushing down your leg, thats all you feel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I woke up to it, and thought I had peed the bed. I cleaned it up and went back to bed. I thought it was pee all day long until it turned pink! It feels exactly like peeing your pants, and having ZERO control over it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I woke up to my bed being soaked and the urge to pee. I went to the bathroom and then changed and went back to bed. I woke up about an hour later to a soaked bed again so I knew it was leaking fluid, but I never really felt anything. With my second my water didn't break until the first push (I wouldn't let the doctor artificially break it before then). With that I felt a very strange sort of like a balloon popping between your legs feeling.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2010