iud question!!!

So I spent a hour having them try to find my cervix and grab the strings but they couldn't feel them.. so the strings are possibly inside of me too..
I want it taken out.. its been causing me pain since thursday.. its like my husband pushed it up to far or something

has anyone had this happen? what did they do for you? I can't find any information on the site

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 11:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It happened to me on Mirena, and there's a couple of possibilities: it may have fallen out (though if you're in pain, it's unlikely) or else it's pushed up through. You will most likely need an ultrasound to locate it.
    The pain is what I experienced. They were able to find the strings and remove it, but my pain was due to the infection it had caused along with sex that aggrivated it. Hopefully, you haven't had something happening like some of the stuff I hear about it. Definitely get the ultrasound and insist that they find it- IUDs are not supposed to be lost, or floating around in random body parts. Good luck!!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I dont know. I have Mirena. I have never been able to feel the strings but my fingers arent too long lol. but a professional should be able to find them . good luck =]
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• idk about the pain and not being able to find the string I would think after an hour of searching they would have sent you straight over for an ultrs sound! I had an IUD and I removed it myself, (I don't recommend that). But I told you that to say that they are usually VERY easy to locate! Demand an ultra sound especially if you are in pain!
    stjohn316

Answer by stjohn316 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2010