Can you have a baby if you had your tubes tied

Hay lady i am wondering if you had clamps on your tubes can you still have a baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yah i know a couple ppl who had their tubes tied but they still had a baby (not on purpose obviously lol)... it happens
    Anonymous

• it is possible though the chance is very very slim to have a successful pregnancy. Most of the time if a pregnancy occurs after a tubal litigation, it is a "tubal pregnancy" and is not sustainable. It can even be life threatening if you don't seek medical care and your tube ruptures.

There are a ton of articles on google about this.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• When I had mine tied, I was told there's a 1% chance of pregnancy. That was in 2005, and no pregnancies yet.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Chances of Becoming Pregnant

Unlikely.

A recent study (the Collaborative Review of Sterilization, or CREST, study) looked at 10,000 women who had undergone tubal ligation and found 143 failures (a failure rate of 1.4 percent). It can be higher when a tubal is done at the time of a C-section. The failure rate also tends to increase the longer it has been since one had a tubal ligation. The U.S. Collaborative Review of Sterilization (CREST) found the failure rate for tubal ligation (all occlusion methods) to be 1.85% after 10 years.

Anonymous

• I know 2 women who this happened to, the same year and it's a town of less then 700. Go figure that one out in those stats
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• yes i know a woman that had her tied and ended up pregant, she named the baby after the doctor that told her she'll never have kids again...true story!!!!!!!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• If you want to have them un-clamped you can. Is that what your asking? When I had mine clamped the dr. said I could undo it but the chances of me getting pregnant were still slim. Now if your worried about an accidental pregnancy it's possible my friend had twins after her tubal :o just 10 months after her last child. But it doesn't happen a whole lot!
    stjohn316

Answer by stjohn316 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2010